Just a short time ago, eggs were on the no-no list for dieters. They were seen to be full of fat and cholesterol. Thankfully, Norco Ranch Eggs has seen a change in this, and welcomes the news that experts now see it as a superfood. Indeed, the official recommendation now is to eat between one and two eggs each day. So what other facts are there?
Norco Ranch Eggs’ 5 Main Egg Facts
- Eggs do not raise your cholesterol. Even the yolk, where all the cholesterol is stored, won’t harm you. That is because eggs contain unsaturated fats, which means your cholesterol almost cannot rise. Trans fats and saturated fats are needed to increase cholesterol. Eggs are also full of B vitamins, which further protects heart health.
- Eggs contain lots of protein, yet very few calories. You get 6 grams of protein per egg, yet only around 70 calories. You can drop the calories by not eating the yolk, but that also means that you lose out on many of the protein, which means you’ll be hungry again sooner. The conclusion is that dieters can absolutely eat eggs.
- Eggs have lots of vitamins and minerals inside them. They help give you strong fingernails and hair. They also contain vitamins A, B complex, D, and E. Plus, they contain antioxidants, folate, iron, calcium, selenium, zinc, and iodine. The only necessary vitamin they don’t contain is C. They do, however, contain DHA and EPA (if free range), which are vital brain foods.
- Eggs increase your overall physical wellness. Your heart health actually improves when you eat eggs, rather than decreases. They also improve eye health thanks to the lutein and zeaxanthin, healing ability, brain development, nerve and thyroid function, and weight management. People who have eggs for breakfast also manage to lose twice the weight that those who ate a bagel for breakfast do.
- Eggs contain choline, turning them into a miracle food. Most people, 90% of Americans in fact, have a choline deficiency, because there aren’t many sources that contain it, except eggs. Choline helps to protect the nervous system, the brain, and the cardiovascular system. Just two eggs a day equates to 50% of the necessary daily choline.
Do remember, however, that if you want to access all these great egg benefits, you should only consume free range farm eggs, rather than battery eggs. Additionally, you shouldn’t eat them with lots of greasy sausages or bacon all the time, no matter how tasty that may be. Simply have two boiled eggs with some whole grain toast and a bit of fruit, which is the perfect breakfast to get you started.
Your grocery store should indicate on their boxes where the eggs have come from. Free range eggs are clearly marked as such. They may cost a little more, but it also means you get more health benefits and that no chickens will have suffered just so you can eat an egg.